Mission Possible prides itself in being a “field run ministry”. With that being said, we proudly employ over 250 Haitians and Dominicans to run the ministry in-country. We are well equipped with two Godly men who head up the ministry on the Dominican side and the Haitian side. Mission Possible is blessed to have these men as our leaders; their hearts and vision for the ministry are truly divinely inspired.
Pastor Moise Sam
Mission Possible owns and operates nine schools between Haiti and the Dominican Republic which allow approximately 2,500 preschool through high school students to receive a Christian education and a nutritious school lunch. Our schools provide an excellent learning environment, high academic standards, and biblical instruction.
With up to 80% unemployment, Haiti is a difficult place to earn a living. Fortunately, the area we minister in has some jobs available for people with the right skills. To meet this need we were able to open a Vocational School in 2009.
The Ecol Biblique International (EBI) Bible School opened in January 2007. It did not take long for the people in the Haitian community to understand the importance of EBI. Currently we have over 140 community pastors, teachers and lay leaders who are receiving a deeper spiritual education through EBI.
- Voodoo spiritualism also has a big influence throughout the country
- Haiti is the most densely populated and poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.
- AIDS is rampant with 5.6% of adults infected with HIV/AIDS.
- 1 in 8 children die before the age of 5.
- People regularly die from minor illnesses. Cholera continues to be a problem.
- Life expectancy is under 50 years old.
- 80-90% unemployment rate.
- Average income is $450.
- 23% of children suffer from malnutrition.
- 80% of the population is functionally illiterate.
HAND-UP not a HAND-OUT
Mission Possible is a Hand-Up not a Hand-Out ministry. Those who benefit from our programs are expected to invest in their own future. A hand-out can create a relationship of dependency and an unhealthy self-image, whereas someone who contributes to their own success will value what they have earned.
Our Mission is to “Equip the next generation of Christ-centered Leaders”. We strive to reach this goal multiple ways through…
- Student Leadership Development
- Ecol Bible School
- Teachers Seminars
- Pastors Seminars