The Vision of Mission Possible
(Why we do it)
Non-profit organizations have existed in Haiti and the Dominican Republic for years. Well-meaning people have offered help by providing aid to individuals in need. In times of crisis and disaster, relief is necessary, but in everyday life, it creates a system of dependency. Individuals need to know how they can help others around them and make a difference. The people of Haiti and the Dominican Republic have the ability to impact their communities in a positive way. The dependency on others created in these countries needs to shift and individuals within each country need to become the hope for the future.
Mission Possible believes the key to this change is through leadership development. When a local church disciples leaders, identifies needs in their community, and offers hope to those around, people thrive, grow, and feel empowered to make a difference. By developing Christ-centered leaders in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, Mission Possible can be a conduit of change, and the cycle of dependency can be replaced with communities working together to impact the world around them.
(How we do it)
We DEVELOP individuals through education, leadership development, community support, church growth, and medical support led completely by Haitian and Dominican Staff.
We EMPOWER others with a Hands Up not a Hand Out approach to aid. When one has training and ownership in the development, leaders are made and change can occur.
We IMPACT communities through our churches meeting the needs around them.
Our core values are integrated into everything we do. The five core values Mission Possible abides by are: Christ-centeredness, Personality Integrity through Personal Responsibility, Loyalty, Human Dignity, and Equipping.
Christ-centeredness: Being Christ-centered means living according to the teachings of the Bible and as the words say putting Christ in the middle of everything.
- We model this value by:
- serving loyally with no need for recognition
- putting the welfare of others before ourselves
- living accord to the high moral standards described in God’s word
- modeling our lives after Jesus
Personal Integrity through Personal Responsibility: Personal Integrity is doing what is right all the time by fulfilling our obligations, not taking shortcuts, and working together towards a common goal.
- We accomplish personal integrity by:
- working together, facing our fears, and standing up for what we believe is right and honorable even when others tell us we are wrong.
- interacting and living honestly.
- taking personal responsibility for our actions
Loyalty: Loyalty is faithful adherence to a leader, cause, or commitment.
- Loyalty is demonstrated by:
- believing in and devoting ourselves to something or someone
- supporting and standing up for fellow leaders
Human Dignity: Human dignity is the recognition that human beings are created in the image and likeness of God and as such are worthy of respect simply because God created them.
- Human dignity is exhibited by treating others as equals no matter where they are from, what they believe, or what they do for a living.
Equipping: Equipping is when we train and teach individuals so they have the skills needed to impact and make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
- Mission Possible is a firm believer in EQUIPPING people through the church, education, leadership, and by meeting basic medical needs.